Yes, it's that time again (in fact, it happens to be exactly 1 year to the day of when I wrote down last year's 37 things, even though I didn't post it for another 2 months!)...
38 Things about 2009...
- We went to Disneyland!
- Ralphie passed away...
- My Uncle Jack passed away...
- James and I attended my 20 year high school reunion.
- Avery got married and we took our first family vacation (just the 3 of us) to San Diego.
- Ripley started kindergarten.
- Rip learned to read at the beginning of 2009.
- Rip started reading chapter books towards the end of 2009!
- Ripley and I took our first road trip together (New Mexico).
- Tuli became part of our family.
- Ripley learned to swim.
- I did not have any surgeries!!!
- James ran his 1st and 2nd marathons (and his 2nd and 3rd half-marathons).
- We took a very muddy hike on fathers day...
- I fell drastically behind on everything for the year.
- My grandmother fell and broke her hip.
- I repainted my studio burnt orange.
- We had a Day in the Life photo shoot.
- Ripley was a spider for Halloween.
- The Buffs stunk it up on the football field.
- Ripley started her Devo ski program.
- I found an old typewriter for myself for my birthday and still haven't figured out how to change the ribbon.
- I learned to knit!
- Ripley found out how much she loves adventure movies (Jumanji, Goonies, Nim's Island, Raiders of the Lost Arc)
- Meme and Ripley painted together in Meme's studio
- I got a MAC!
- We had our 4th annual 3 Amigas Weekend in Vail.
- I got my Christmas gifts to my parents and grandmother in MARCH.
- I focused on TODAY, and it really slowed me down (in a good way).
- I apologized for something I did not do, and it was OK.
- I admitted that I like ham.
- Ripley and I survived a 4-month-long summer and still liked each other at the end of it.
- Ripley started writing in a diary.
- I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy and feel good about it.
- I read Twilight (and saw the movie twice with friends) and did not like either the book or the movie.
- James and I installed almost 1000 square feet of wood laminate flooring in the basement, completely on our own, and still celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary later the same year.
- We had 2 garages sales lasting a total of 3 days, and non of it was at our house.
- I went on only one Chocolate Moose scrap weekend in 12 months time and survived (but just barely).
So, there you have it. The first 38 things that popped into my head about this past year. Writing this list made me take stock of how many stories I have NOT documented for 2009...I think I might go back and write a few blog entries to get those things in writing. At the least, I will make a layout of this list during our scrap retreat this coming weekend.
Lots of planning and packing to do in the next 24 hours in order to make it a really productive weekend away. Can't wait!
P.S. this is my 200th blog post. How's that for documenting?